I Run This City offers two training models: the Marathon Model (March – December) and the School Year Model (September – June). Learn more about getting involved below!
Our volunteer mentors are truly the heart of the I Run This City program.
I Run This City mentors, called running leaders, provide ongoing mentorship and training for our students. We currently offer two training models: Marathon and School Year.
- Marathon model goes from March-November
- Inquiry Period: November 1st-December 1st
- Running Leader training in January
- School Year model (SYM) is from September-June
- Inquiry Period: June 15-July 15
- Running Leader training in August
Running Leaders receive free race registrations, transportation, running shoes, program t-shirt, program jacket, race day shirt, extensive training, and ongoing support.
Requirements of a Running Leader:
- Must be over 21 with a heart for mentorship and the ability to make a significant time commitment; running experience is not required
- Must pass required background checks
- Attend an all-day leadership training session based on chosen season
- Attend quarterly leader meetings throughout the season
- Enroll and train with students 2-3 days per week
- Teams must commit to three practices a week, and running leaders must make a personal commitment to attend two of those three per week
- Be ready to have fun, develop a lasting mentorship, change the lives of student runners, and join the Students Run community
*Mentor responsibilities vary by team*
Do you want to help youth cross the finish line?
As a newer organization in the Camden area, I Run This City: Camden, NJ is seeking new partnerships with local businesses, cooperations, and other nonprofit organizations. If you have any ideas of how your organization could partner with I Run This City, please contact Amanda Millatt at email@example.com or call her at 267.547.3451
Are You Ready to Run This City?
If you are a grade 6-12 student who attends school in Camden, you are eligible to participate in the I Run This City program.
Student Runners will:
- Meet other amazing youth from all over the Camden and Philadelphia
- Take on an impressive challenge with the support of an adult mentor
- Learn the life sport of running
- Become part of a movement of positive youth development
- Participate in training 3-4 times/week, fun summer events, leadership development, and academic enrichment
The program is provided to students at no cost! Our program includes the following:
- running shoes,
- program t-shirts,
- race entries,
- and transportation to and from events
For more information please contact: